What is your greatest asset? Is it your wealth, your kids, perhaps your intelligence? There is no greater asset than your health, without which you cannot live your life’s full potential, physically, emotionally, or spiritually.
Let’s take a moment to appreciate few of the miracles of life. There are 100 Billion nerve signals sending messages throughout your body this very moment! Your heart beats 3000 million beats in an average lifespan, and it’s only the size of your fist! You have 100,000 miles of blood vessels in your body and you can hold 1 quadrillion (1 million billion) bits of information in your long-term memory over a lifetime. 90% of your brain’s resources are devoted to ensuring you are able to stand upright to gravity with good posture. You have breathed 24,000 times in the last 24 hours. And finally there are 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (7 octillion) atoms that make up your adult body, all which started as two tiny cells that joined, multiplied and differentiated in an organized fashion, creating your life and the wisdom within it to create life again.
You are naturally designed to be healthy, and the innate wisdom within you expresses health and healing through the nervous system as long as there is no interference in the communication pathways. The brain is the most adaptable organ in the human body as it has the ability to change physically and chemically based on experience and what is happening inside and outside the body. 85% of the human genome is concerned with the brain and it’s development leaving only 15% for the rest of the body including the development of your heart, lungs, digestion etc.
A breakdown in spine flexibility causes a breakdown in brain-body communication, similar to driving in rush hour traffic. Signals want to move through rapidly but they may be slowed, diverted or even blocked. Arthritis, curvatures, poor posture, unhealthy eating, inactivity, etc., all may produce constant, chronic, low levels of stress on the brain and nerves leading to functional breakdown of the cells they supply. The result may be headaches, blurred vision, neck and shoulder tension, back pain, poor balance, muscle weakness, fatigue, digestive concerns, allergies, bedwetting, learning and attention challenges, vertigo, etc.
Regular chiropractic care clinically clears the traffic jams, alleviating nerve stress and restoring your brain-body communication systems. This results in better posture and frontal lobe activation, the area of the brain that is responsible for human executive functions like learning, planning, reasoning, intelligence and socialization. According to neurologist and Nobel Prize recipient Dr. Roger Sparry, “90% of ALL Nutrition and Stimulation to the brain comes from movement of the spine!”
So how invested are you in improving your life’s greatest asset? You are worthy of enjoying the life of your dreams, it’s all in your head just waiting to be nurtured and cultivated. So what’s your next step?
Embrace your innate wisdom and appreciate all that your body provides. You are designed to be healthy, strong and healing by nature. Reflect on your life and have gratitude for the gifts of experiences that have fashioned into this perfect You. Look ahead and visualize your desired future. Now make your vision a priority and resolve to take one action step today to enhance your health and move towards your goal.
After all, you will reap what you sow…